The process of establishing the Child Health Science Subspecialist Education Program at FK Unair runs along with the evolution of the child subspecialist education program in Indonesia, which originated from the mandate of the National Congress of Child Health Sciences (KONIKA) XII of the Indonesian Pediatric Association (IDAI) in Surabaya in 2008 to carry out a transition period in children’s subspecialist education or consultants from a 6-month fellowship program to a structured education program with the national curriculum. During the transition period from 2008 to 2012, the Kolegium of Child Health Sciences (KIKAI) conducted a series of activities and policies to determine the format of education implementation through cooperation with the IDAI Coordination Work Unit (UKK) and also assess facilities, human resources, and curriculum materials. So, through the Decree of the Chairman of the Child Health Science College No. 1 25/Kep/KOLEGIUM-IKA/XII/2013 on December 9, 2013, the Implementation Place for Subspecialist Education for Child Health Sciences (Consultant), namely 4 (four) Institution for Pediatric Doctors (IPDSA) in Indonesia: IKA FKURAB, Jakarta, Indonesia: In accordance with the 2013 IKA College Decree, for subspecialist education programs at IKA FK UNAIR will be opened for 7 (seven) fields of interest, namely: Allergies-immunology, Gastro-hepatology, Hemato-oncology, Infections and Tropical Diseases, Cardiology, Neonatology, and Social Development. ped Social Development.
At the beginning of the implementation of the subspecialist education program, the Department of Child Health Sciences FK Unair, formed an Implementing Body through the Working Meeting of the IKA Department from 28 to 29 December 2013, which was tasked with planning to establish the university-based Subspecialist Study Program (Sp2) of Child Health Sciences with the Chancellor’s Decree. This Implementing Agency is tasked with the Letter of Duties of IKA FK Unair Department No: 050/UN3.1.1/IKA-KP/2014 on February 6, 2014, as KPS is Prof. Dr. Subijanto M.S., dr., Sp.A(K) and as SPS are Dr. Ahmad Suryawan, dr., Sp.A(K). At this time, starting on February 2, 2014, the Subspecialist Doctor Education Program of Child Health Science FK in collaboration with the Education and Training Section of Dr. Soetomo Hospital began accepting new students with 4 semesters or 2 years of education. With a total of 7 students in the field of interest: Allergies-immunology, Gastro-Hepatology, Tropic and Infection, Neonatology, and Hematology Oncology.
In the next development, it began with an Adiens forum between the Deanate of FK Unair and the Education Director of the Unair Rector on 12 February 2014, until the publication of SK Rector No 67/UN3/2015 on the Opening of Specialist Program 2 (Subspecialist) at the Faculty of Medicine of Airlangga University, on 22 January 2015.The university has officially opened the Subspecialist Study Program of Child Health Sciences based on educational institutions or universities, with 7 (seven) areas of interest similar to the previous Collegium-based educational implementation.
The process of developing the IKA Subspecialist Prodi at FK Unair further increased by 3 (three) fields of interest in 2 years. The development of the IKA Collegium through the activities of the IKA Collegium Visitation to Prodi Sp2 IKA FK Unair on Thursday, June 30, 2016, resulted in the addition of new fields of interest, including: (1) Nefrology interest, through Recommendation of IKA Collegium No. 005/IKA Collegium/SR/IX/2016, September 8, 2016; (2) Endocrinology interest, through IKA Collegium Recommendation No. 1. 006/IKA Collegium/SR/IX/2016, September 8, 2016; and (3) Nutrition & Metabolic Disease Interest: IKA Collegium Recommendation No. 1 033/IKA Collegium/SR/XII/2017, November 8, 2017.
Thus, until now, the IKA FK Unair Subpessionalist Prodi has a total of 10 (ten) fields of interest, namely Allergies-immunology, Gastro-hepatology, Hemato-oncology, Infections and Tropical Diseases, Cardiology, Neonatology, and Growing Metabolic Diseases ped Social Pediatrics, Nefology, Nephrology, and Neonology.Ahmad Suryawan, dr., Sp.A(K), with SK Rector of Airlangga University No. 1. 990/UN3/2020, and as SPS is Dr. Alpha Fardah Attiyah, dr., Sp.A(K), with SK Dean No.445/UN3.1.1/HK 04/2020
“Being an independent, competitive, superior center for Pediatric Medicine Sub-specialist Education with an entrepreneurial spirit based on the humanities and religious morals at the National and International levels based on the latest research and technology in supporting the educational process and community service in 2025.”
1) Organizing academic and professional education in the field of Pediatrics according to areas of interest based on modern ethical learning technology based on national values and religious morals.
2) Carry out innovative research with world-class excellence in the field of Pediatrics based on national values and religious morals to support the development of education and community service.
3) Devoting research results and expertise in the field of Pediatrics in accordance with the entrepreneurial and humanities spirited areas of interest for public health.
4) Organize study program governance independently well through institutional development that is quality oriented and able to compete at the international level.
The objectives of the Subspecialist Medical Education Study Program are:
1) To produce consultant pediatricians who have skills in the sub-specialty field of Pediatrics based on the understanding and development of ethical technology based on national values and religious morals.
2) To produce consultant pediatricians who have the ability to carry out innovative research with world-class excellence in the field of Pediatrics based on national values and religious morals to support the development of education and community service.
3) To produce consultant pediatricians who have the ability and willingness to devote their research results and expertise in the field of Pediatrics according to their areas of interest with an entrepreneurial spirit and humanities for public health.
4) The study program is able to properly manage study program management independently through institutional development that is quality oriented and able to compete at the international level.
The strategic objectives of the Pediatrics Subspecialist Study Program, operational strategic initiatives, are translated into five program themes, which are summarized as CHILD :
1) Community needs-oriented and professional curriculum
2) Healthy, transparent, and responsive management
3) Impressive educational and research innovation
4) Leadership and humanism coaching system
5) Delightful learning environment
1. Community needs-oriented and professional curriculum
The curriculum is professional and oriented to the needs of the community. The education process by the study program is carried out through a professional academic curriculum with the aim of producing graduates who have abilities both in the academic and professional fields, to meet the current needs of the community in the field of child health.
2. Healthy, transparent, and responsive management
Study program management is carried out in a planned, accountable, transparent and responsive manner to various inputs. Managerial management by study programs, both in the field of human resources, infrastructure and facilities, as well as finance, is carried out in a planned manner according to time targets and priority needs that continue to develop dynamically, and openly in a transparent manner, through direct supervision from FK UNAIR and Universitas Airlangga , or other authorized regulatory body; as well as indirectly carried out by cross-agency stakeholders and the community.
3. Impressive educational and research innovation
Impressive educational and research innovations. The study program will carry out education, research and community service activities that are student oriented with the aim of meeting the basic needs of society in the field of Pediatrics on the basis of the latest technology.
4. Leadership and humanism coaching system
An education and mentoring system that emphasizes leadership and high humanity. The study program carries out an educational and rooting process with a student orientation with the aim of producing graduates who are independent, have a leadership spirit and have a high sense of humanity.
5. Delightful learning environment
The learning atmosphere is in a healthy, friendly and fun environment. The study program carries out the learning process with a healthy, friendly and fun atmosphere or atmosphere for all parties, both the academic community and related parties.
Coordinator of the study program
Responsible for and coordinating planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on education, community service research, and fostering academic activity in study programs.
1) Coordinate the implementation of all study program activities.
2) Coordinate the implementation process in the fields of Education, research and service to the community in the study program environment.
3) Planning the curriculum, education and teaching schedule at the Subspecialist program of Child Health Sciences Faculty of Medicine at Airlangga University.
4) Coordinate planning, provision and adoption of facilities and college marketing.
5) Attending meetings/ workshops on education, research and devotion to the community in the scope of FK UNAIR
6) Monitor and evaluate each educational activity according to the curriculum.
7) Make an accountable report on the performance of duties to the Dean.
8) Conduct monitoring and evaluation of subordinate performance
9) Performing other tasks from the top relevant to the implementation of the study program
Secretary of the Study Program
Assisting the duties of the Study Program Coordinator (KPS) especially in terms of education management and administration, research and devotion to the community.
1) Assisting the duties of the Coordinator of the Study program (KPS) in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating educational activities, research and devotion to the community. In the study program.
2) Responsible for the administrative and financial implementation of the study program.
3) Assisting the duties of the Study Program (KPS) coordinator in preparing and preparing documents for reporting activities in the study program, as well as activities related to visibility and accreditation.
4) Representing the Coordinator of the Study Program (KPS) in meetings/locations of educational, research and devotion to the community in the study program.