(Bogenhausen Academic Teaching Hospital Technical University of Munich, Germany) For Faculty of Medicine Universitas Airlangga
Professor Christianto B. Lumenta studied medicine (1970 – 1976) at the Rheinischen Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany. He finished his specialist in neurosurgery (1980 – 1992) at Neurochirurgische Universitätsklinik Düsseldorf, Germany. In 1991 – 1994 he became apl. Professor at Universität Düsseldorf, Germany before moved to Technischen Universität München, Munich, Germany in May 1994. Now he works as a Chief Physician of the Clinic for Neurosurgery at the Klinikum Bogenhausen and Klinikum Schwabing, Germany. Prof. Lumenta has remarkable contributions not only in health services but also in education. He is infamous neurosurgeon who developed various techniques for functional neurosurgery of the tumors and the vascular diseases of the brain, spinal cord and spine. In education, he has taught many neurosurgeon and residents including from Indonesia. He has also published more than 70 journal articles and 35 books as a book contributor or editor. One of his books that is well known is European Manual of Neurosurgery, which not only valuable for students, residents, and physicians in Europe but also worldwide.
Publications some of Journal articles are :
- Ch.B.Lumenta The new Clip system for complex aneurysm surgery Skull base Suppl. 1 Vol. 17, 2007: 77
- Ch.B.Lumenta, J.Landscheidt, W.Gerstner PCM cervical arteficial disc: -Back ground, current experiences- future perspectives- Korean Journal of Spine 2007, 3: 39
- Krammer MJ, Wolf S, Schul DB, Gerstner W, Lumenta CB. Significance of intraoperative motor function monitoring using transcranial electrical motor evoked potentials (MEP) in patients with spinal and cranial lesions near the motor pathways. Br J Neurosurg. 2009 Feb;23(1):48-55.
- Linder S, Nowak DA, Rodiek SO, Lumenta C, Topka H. Secondary intracranial hypertension with acute intracranial pressure crisis in superficial siderosis. J Clin Neurosci. 2008 Oct;15(10):1168-70.
- Schul, D. B., Wolf, S., Lumenta, C. B. Iatrogenic tension pneumothorax resulting in pneumocephalus after insertion of a ventriculoperitoneal shunt: an unusual complication Acta Neurochir (Wien) 2009
- Ch.B.Lumenta, D.V.Plev: Sphenoid wing meningiomas with vascular and optic structures involvement- Therapy strategy and results Monduzzi Editore S.p.A., Int Proceedings Division, 2005: 683 – 692
- L.Schürer, S.Wolf, Ch.B.Lumenta Die intrakranielle Hypertension beim Schädel-Hirn- Trauma: Monitorino und therapeutische Strategien Jahrbuch Intensivmedizin 2006: Hrsg: Kuhlen, Putensen, Quintel, Med. Wiss Verlagsgesellschaft Berlin: 123- 138
- Ch.B.Lumenta, J. Landscheidt, M.Krammer, W.Gerstner PCM (CerviTach,Inc.,USA) Cervical Artificial Disc – Back Ground – Current Experiences – Future Perspectives 13th European Congress of Neurosurgery, Medimond, International Proceedings 2007: 565-570
- Ch.B.Lumenta The New Aneurysm Clip System for Complex Aneurysm Surgery 13th European Congress of Neurosurgery, Medimond, International Proceedings 2007: 499-503
- Ch.B.Lumenta, B. Wowra, A.L.Grosu, R. Goldbrunner Neurinome Manual Hirntumoren und Spinale Tumoren Hrsg: J.C.Tonn u.a., W.Zuckschwerdt Verlag München, 3. Auflage, 2007: 137-145
- W. J. Bock, Ch. B. Lumenta, M. Klinger, M. Brock Hrsg. von Advances in Neurosurgery Vol. 19 Springer Verlag: Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 1990: 1-283
- W. I. Steudel, Ch. B. Lumenta, N. Klug Evozierte Potentiale im Verlauf Springer Verlag, Berlin- Heidelberg- New York, 1993: 1-190
- Ch.B.Lumenta, C. DiRocco, J. Haase, J.J. Mooij European Manual of Neurosurgery Springer Verlag, Berlin- Heidelberg- New York, 2008 (in Druck)